Saturday, May 6, 2017

Week 18 Review: Moon Shimmers

From Goodreads:
We're the D'Artigo sisters: savvy half-human, half-Fae operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. My sister Delilah is a two-faced werecat and a Death Maiden. Menolly is a vampire married to a gorgeous werepuma and a vampire prince. And me? I'm Camille, a Moon Witch married to three gorgeous husbands, and I'm about to ascend to the throne of Dusk & Twilight. But the path to the throne lies through a labyrinth of dangers, which I must face alone... 

Before I can fulfill my destiny to become the Queen of Dusk & Twilight, I must seek out the Keraastar Diamond. But to find the magical gem and take control over the Keraastar Knights, I must venture back to Otherworld, deep into the treacherous Tygerian Mountains. Once there, I face a magical trial by fire. If I fail, the chance to stop Shadow Wing will fade with me. If I succeed, my life will forever change. And I'm not certain which prospect frightens me the most.

My Review:
Oh, wow, another book in this series! I only found this series not that long ago, but this is the first full length novel in the series that was self-published. So I'm glad that I found it when I did! It just made for excellent reading!

In this series, Camille has been a favourite of mine from the start, I enjoyed the books starring her the best. And while I don't know how I'll feel about the next two books, well, this one definitely was at the same level of liked as the other books, maybe more, because this is the book where yeah, self published, and was able to fully go in the direction that Yasmine Galenorn wanted it to. (Or her characters. Maybe her characters, since they're the ones in the story, having the adventures!)

It was so great to be able to dive back into this world again! And also, that we got Shimmer for a bit, given that it's unlikely that we'll get more of the Fly By Night series anytime soon, since it'd also have to be self published. But I have hope for it, because there's so much that I need to know!

This was a very big book for Camille. It takes all the changes that have been happening in her life, and then it takes her on this final journey to get to the place where those changes have been leading her towards. Plus, there's the whole Keraastar Diamond and Knights thing!

Absolutely loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more of this amazing series!

Author: Yasmine Galenorn
Series: Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #19
Read: May 5th, 2017
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her books and this series! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book!
Publisher: Nightqueen Enterprises, LLC
Published: April 28th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!