Saturday, July 1, 2017

Week 26 Reviews: The Brightest Fell, Of Things Unknown

From Goodreads:
For once, everything in October "Toby" Daye's life seems to be going right. There have been no murders or declarations of war for her to deal with, and apart from the looming specter of her Fetch planning her bachelorette party, she’s had no real problems for days. Maybe things are getting better. 

Maybe not. 

Because suddenly Toby's mother, Amandine the Liar, appears on her doorstep and demands that Toby find her missing sister, August. But August has been missing for over a hundred years and there are no leads to follow. And Toby really doesn't owe her mother any favors. 

Then Amandine starts taking hostages, and refusal ceases to be an option.

My Review:
I absolutely loved reading this book and short story! When I read Once Broken Faith, I had only read the series because I was approved to read it, and that was when I found my love of the series and Seanan McGuire's writing. This book, I've waited a year for it, and that just made it all the more sweeter!

Toby has a pretty messed up family! And to have her mom kidnap her fiance, that's just awful! And all because her big sister thought she could find Oberon, Titania and Maeve. This book took elements from a lot of previous books on the journey to find August, following in her footsteps. So that was a bit bittersweet!

Oh, wow, that ending of Brightest Fell, that was just killer! After everything that they went through, it cost them. They have some healing to do, and August is trying to be even more selfish and get them going again. Which is pretty awful! I know it's going to come bite them in the butt, but they deserve the break, I wish August could've seen that!

Of Things Unknown, that was a really great short story! We were in April's head, and it circles back to book 2, when she was first introduced. And yeah, it was such a great story, and I'm glad how everything worked out there!

These were just so amazing, and I need more of this series! It's just phenomenal!

Author: Seanan McGuire
Series: October Daye #11, 11.5
Read: June 27th, 27th, 2017
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love this series so much! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Books, and The Brightest Fell is a WoW Book!
Publisher: DAW
Expected Publication: September 5th 2017, September 5th 2017

The Brightest Fell:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Of Things Unknown:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!