Saturday, September 30, 2017

Week 39 Review: Drink, Slay, Love

From Goodreads:
Pearl is a sixteen-year-old vampire... fond of blood, allergic to sunlight, and mostly evil... until the night a sparkly unicorn stabs her through the heart with his horn. Oops. 

Her family thinks she was attacked by a vampire hunter (because, obviously, unicorns don't exist), and they're shocked she survived. They're even more shocked when Pearl discovers she can now withstand the sun. But they quickly find a way to make use of her new talent. The Vampire King of New England has chosen Pearl's family to host his feast. If Pearl enrolls in high school, she can make lots of human friends and lure them to the King's feast -- as the entrees. 

The only problem? Pearl's starting to feel the twinges of a conscience. How can she serve up her new friends—especially the cute guy who makes her fangs ache—to be slaughtered? Then again, she's definitely dead if she lets down her family. What's a sunlight-loving vamp to do?

My first review of Drink, Slay, Love
My Review:
It was so much fun reading this book! The first time I read it, the pages fly by, and while it was a little bit slower this time, man, it was still so good! I loved Pearl and her journey, gaining a soul and a conscious, and struggling with her Family and how she's changed! It was so great!

This world of vampires and unicorns is just amazing! That vampires don't believe unicorns exist, it's like, you're not supposed to exist, either. The whole thing about unicorns being the ultimate vampire hunter because they come with a built-in stake, that's different and really awesome!

Pearl has to juggle a lot. Two worlds, night and day, different rules, a lot of pressure, little food and bagged at that, and little sleep. It's no wonder that she broke! It cost one life, but in the long run, it'll save so many others! 

My two complaints? One, that we didn't really get Evan's backstory, of his adoption. I would've liked a few more details then what we got. And two, that this isn't a series! I mean, there's so much potential, so many stories that could be told, and I want to read them. Though we most likely won't get them. And that's just a little bit sad!

Yeah, this book is amazing, like all Sarah Beth Durst books, and I can't wait to read more of her writing!

Author: Sarah Beth Durst
First Read: April 3rd, 2012
Read: September 29th, 2017
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading plus the movie just came out, and it's a SAC 2017 Book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: September 13th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!