Saturday, March 17, 2018

Week 11 Review: Love, Life, and the List

From Goodreads:
Seventeen-year-old Abby Turner's summer isn’t going the way she'd planned. She has a not-so-secret but definitely unrequited crush on her best friend, Cooper. She hasn’t been able to manage her mother's growing issues with anxiety. And now she's been rejected from an art show because her work "has no heart." So when she gets another opportunity to show her paintings Abby isn't going to take any chances.

Which is where the list comes in.

Abby gives herself one month to do ten things, ranging from face a fear (#3) to learn a stranger's story (#5) to fall in love (#8). She knows that if she can complete the list she'll become the kind of artist she's always dreamed of being. But as the deadline approaches, Abby realizes that getting through the list isn't as straightforward as it seems… and that maybe—just maybe—she can't change her art if she isn't first willing to change herself.

This is the first in a set of three standalone books with crossover characters.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I'm not much on contemporary books right now, and it did take me a little while to get into this book, but once I really got going, the pages just flew by! I loved this story of an artist trying to experience more to add more depth to her paintings!

There were two big things in this book. One, her art, and the showing that she wants to be showcased at so she could get a sale. Her relationship with her best friend that she wants more with, Cooper. There was also her family, a mom who doesn't want to leave the house, a grandfather living with them, and a dad who is with some armed branch overseas. It all came together for a fantastic book!

Honestly, I didn't like Mr. Wallace. He said her paintings had no heart, and then multiple times, to not show her age. Like seriously, dude, you're showing your age. Plus, I'm pretty sure most artists are anxious about having the important people in their lives see their art. So yeah, didn't like him! He did redeem himself in his last scene, though!

The ending was so funny! That they were all together again, and the one friend had sensed the tension between the two of them previously while the other hadn't, that was just hilarious! It was a really nice ending for this book!

I really enjoyed this book, and I can't wait to see what the next two books are going to be like, and how and which characters will cross over!

Author: Kasie West
Read: March 12th, 2018
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a SAC 2018 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: December 26th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!